The winning recipe from our blind tasting, Alicia Perry’s Corpse Reviver No. 2 does not strictly adhere to the equal-parts doctrine. It contains one ounce of Plymouth Gin, and three-quarter ounces each of Lillet, Cointreau and lemon juice, while a quarter-ounce of simple syrup lends roundness to the flavor profile. A pastis rinse completes the formula.
- 1 ounce gin, preferably Plymouth
- 3/4 ounce Lillet Blanc
- 3/4 ounce Cointreau
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- pastis, to rinse the glass
Garnish: lemon twist
- Rinse a coupe with pastis and set aside.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into the prepared coupe.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.