Nearly an Old Pal, the New York City bar Nitecap’s All In adds the a rich, velvety layer of crème de cacao to the classic base of rye whiskey, Campari and dry vermouth. The result is an unlikely, yet curiously bittersweet cocktail reminiscent of the finest, darkest chocolate.
- 1 1/2 ounces rye (preferably Bulleit)
- 3/4 ounce dry vermouth (preferably Dolin)
- 3/4 ounce Campari
- 1/4 ounce crème de cacao
- lemon peel
- Add rye, dry vermouth, Campari and crème de cacao to a mixing glass.
- Add ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.
- Express a lemon twist over top to release oils. Discard.