Naren Young, whose New York bar, Dante, famously boasts an entire section of their menu dedicated to the Negroni, offers this bitter, winterized rendition on the White Negroni. Swapping in Cocchi Americano in place of Lillet Blanc, and adding in a measure of Génépy plus a bracing splash of crème de menthe, it’s a familiar play on a bitter mainstay.
- 1 ounce gin, preferably Tanqueray
- 3/4 ounce Suze
- 3/4 ounce Cocchi Americano
- 1/2 ounce genepy
- 1 barspoon white crème de menthe, preferably Tempus Fugit
- 3 dashes lemon bitters
- 1 dash saline solution
Garnish: rosemary sprig
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with a rosemary sprig.