An “amaro margarita,” this low-alcohol riff on the classic Marg uses a split base of lightly bitter gentian amaro and dry vermouth. “Vermouth is usually used as a modifier only,” Lucas Garcia says, but here, it’s “the main character of a cocktail.”
- 1 1/4 ounces Lo-Fi Gentian Amaro
- 3/4 ounce Lo-Fi Dry Vermouth
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 1/2 ounce agave nectar
Garnish: salt rim, dehydrated lime wheel
- Prepare a rocks glass with a half salted rim.
- Shake all ingredients with ice.
- Strain into a prepared rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with a dehydrated lime wheel.