It was only a matter of time before disco drinks got the frappé treatment. Here, Konrad Kantor of New Orleans’ Manolito adds an unexpected splash of pineapple juice to his blended Amaretto Sour Frappé for a bittersweet kick.
Amaretto Sour Frappé
Konrad Kantor | New Orleans
- 1 1/2 ounces amaretto, preferably Lazzaroni
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 10 ounces pebble ice
- Combine all the ingredients, except the amaretto, into a blender.
- Blend on a slow setting then pour the amaretto into the blender.
- Blend for 30 more seconds.
- Pour into a V-shaped Martini glass or a coupe and garnish with pineapple fronds.