“I think brandy, at its best, captures the essence of the fruit delicately but also retains great structure,” says bar director Sarah Crowl. Her Amethyst Hour, which is served nontraditionally in a rocks glass over ice, calls on basil eau de vie and is garnished with red grapes and basil.
Sarah Crowl | Houston
- 2 ounces gin
- 1/2 ounce St. George Aqua Perfecta Basil Eau de Vie
- 1/2 ounce Cocchi Americano Rosa
- 1/2 ounce blanc vermouth, preferably Dolin
Garnish: red grapes, purple basil
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass.
- Add ice, stir and strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish with red grapes and purple basil.