Compared to the classic Penicillin cocktail, which calls for ¾ ounce honey-ginger syrup, this version uses yellow Chartreuse for honeyed sweetness, supplemented by a smaller amount of ginger syrup for zing. The lemon juice is strained three times to remove pulp and create a finer texture.
- 2 ounces blended Scotch
- 1/2 ounce yellow Chartreuse
- 1/4 ounce ginger syrup (2:1, sugar:ginger juice)
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice, triple strained
- peated Scotch, in an atomizer
Garnish: lemon wheel
- Combine all ingredients, except the peated Scotch, in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Finish with six sprays of peated Scotch from an atomizer.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel.