One of the winning recipes from our blind Pineapple Daiquiri tasting, Anton Kinloch’s take splits the base between unaged cachaça and Plantation’s Fancy Smoky Formula bottling of the pineapple rum. Fresh pineapple flavor is added via pineapple cubes thrown directly into the shaking tin. The finished drink has the requisite zip of acidity balanced by the right amount of sweetness. The ingredients come together in a way that recalls savory apple cider, leading one taster to describe it as “the perfect fall Daiquiri.”
- 1 ounce cachaça, preferably Novo Fogo Silver
- 1 ounce Plantation Stiggins’ Fancy Smoky Formula Pineapple Rum
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce rich Demerara syrup (2:1, Demerara sugar to water)
- 5 pieces (approximately 1 inch x 1 inch) fresh pineapple
- 5 drops 10% saline solution
- Add the lime juice and pineapple chunks to a cocktail shaker and muddle briefly.
- Add the remaining ingredients and ice, then shake until chilled.
- Double strain into a Nick & Nora glass.