The Astoria #2 is Austin bartender Darren Scott’s citrusy play on a Brooklyn (rye, Amer Picon, maraschino and dry vermouth) which is itself a play on a Manhattan. What it lacks in dry vermouth, it makes up for in Amer Picon, a bitter orange liqueur that Scott makes in-house at laV.
- 2 ounces rye
- 1/2 ounce Amer Picon, DIY recipe
- 1/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1 dash aromatic bitters
Garnish: brandied cherry
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain over ice into a rocks glass.
- Garnish with a brandied cherry.