Part of a trio of Martinis that form the Maison Martini section of Le Rock‘s bar menu, the Au Poivre builds on a base of vodka infused with manzanilla olives and pickled green peppercorns, which add a savory element to this recipe. Made in large, pre-diluted batches, this recipe can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the freezer until ready to serve.
Yield: 850 ml
- 600 ml dirty vodka (see Editor's Note)
- 100 ml vin jaune
- 100 ml dry vermouth, preferably an even split between mix of equal parts Bordiga Extra Dry and Noilly Prat Original Dry
- 50 ml filtered water
- Combine ingredients in a large glass bottle.
- Store the bottle in the freezer for at least 3 to 4 hours.
- Fifteen minutes prior to serving, remove the bottle to thaw (you can shake the bottle periodically to speed up the process).
- Pour 4 ounces into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with olives and a cocktail fork.
1 liter vodka
350 grams pitted manzanilla olives
35 grams pickled green peppercorns
Place the olives in a food processor and pulse three times very briefly to give the olives a rough chop. Combine the chopped olives, green peppercorns and vodka in a large jar. Let infuse in the refrigerator for 10 to 14 days. Strain the infusion through a chinois. Place the liquid in the freezer for 4 to 6 hours. Strain the liquid one more time through a coffee filter. Keep refrigerated.