A runner up in our recent blind tasting of Mojitos, Austin Harman’s recipe calls on a blend of three rums.
- 8 to 10 mint leaves
- 1/2 ounce Rhum J.M Sirop de Canne
- 3/4 ounce Don Q Cristal
- 3/4 ounce Rhum Barbancourt white
- 1/2 ounce Hamilton 86 Demerara rum
- 1 ounce soda water
- Combine all ingredients except for soda water in a Collins glass and muddle heavily.
- Add soda water and pack the glass with crushed or cracked ice.
- Insert the straw and gently agitate the ingredients.
- Garnish with mint.