An inspired marriage between two classics—the Bijou and the Adonis—the Autumn Leaf highlights the distinctive botanical character of Du Nord Prominence Gin, which features a strong nose and body. “Inspired by the Adonis, I used the salty dry notes of fino sherry instead of dry vermouth, complementing the citrus-juniper profile of Prominence Gin,” says Cruz. “Then I took the Bijou cocktail as inspiration and added green Chartreuse and Punt e Mes to bring a peppery, bitter end that rounds up the herbal profile. The result is a delightful, bold and complex combination of flavors with a long finish that’s ideal for autumn nights.” When mixing drinks, Cruz advises to start by pouring the ingredients with the smallest quantity first to avoid wasting any liquor if you make a mistake when measuring.
- 1 1/2 ounces Du Nord Prominence Gin
- 1 ounce Tío Pepe fino sherry
- 1/4 ounce green Chartreuse
- 1/4 ounce Punt e Mes
Garnish: lemon peel
- Combine ingredients in a mixing glass over ice.
- Stir until chilled, then strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish with an expressed lemon peel.