The notes of caramel, vanilla, orange, dried fruits and nuts in Bacardi Ocho Sherry Cask Finish Rum had Fanny Chu (a brand ambassador for Bacardi) thinking of morning oatmeal in the tropics and an Alexander riff that played off the complementary flavors of oat milk and bananas. To achieve the perfect level of chill, dilution and foam, Chu shakes up the drink using one large ice cube. She highly recommends you serve this in the sexiest coupe in your collection.
- 1 ounce rum, preferably Bacardi Ocho Sherry Cask Finish
- 1 ounce banana liqueur, preferably Tempus Fugit Crème de Banane
- 1 ounce oat milk, preferably Chobani Extra Creamy Oatmilk
Garnish: cocoa powder
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake for approximately 10 seconds, then fine-strain into a chilled coupe.
- Express an orange twist over the surface of the drink and discard. Sprinkle cocoa powder over the surface of the drink.