This sparkling Sicilian highball is in season any time of year, blending the bright citrus notes of Averna with fresh lemon juice for a light, refreshing take on a bittersweet aperitivo.
A refreshing Sicilian highball made with amaro.
- 2 ounces Averna
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- soda water
Garnish: mint, rosemary or sage
- Add Averna, lemon juice and simple syrup to a chilled Collins glass filled with crushed ice.
- Stir or swizzle to combine.
- Top with chilled soda water, adding more crushed ice if needed.
- Garnish with fresh seasonal herbs, such as mint, rosemary or sage.