Here, slightly sweet Old Tom gin balances the bitter notes of gentian-based Suze and Bonal aperitifs, while rye whiskey, Cynar and Carpano Antica add a fall-friendly veneer to this full-bodied, stirred drink.
James Bolt, The Gin Joint | Charleston, SC
- 1 ounce Old Tom gin, preferably Ransom
- 3/4 ounce Carpano Antica
- 1/2 ounce Campari
- 1/2 ounce rye, preferably Rittenhouse
- 1/2 ounce Bonal
- 1/4 ounce Suze
- 1/4 ounce Cynar
- 4 dashes orange bitters
Garnish: charred habanero
- Stir all ingredients in a mixing glass until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large cube of ice.
- Garnish with a whole, charred habanero