“All my favorite drinks that I’ve come up with have been classic variations that I’ve kind of turned on their heads,” says Stacey Swenson. Here, she re-imagines the vermouth-and-sherry-based stirred drink as a tall cooler, maintaining a low-proof profile while playing up the herbal notes of the olive bitters with Fever Tree Mediterranean tonic. “Its slightly salty but so easy-going,” says Swenson.
- 1 ounce vermouth, preferably Carpano Dry
- 1 ounce manzanilla sherry
- 1 dash olive bitters, preferably The Bitter Truth
- 1 dash lemon bitters, preferably The Bitter Truth
- tonic water, preferably Fever Tree Mediterranean (to top)
Garnish: rosemary sprig, olive
- Combine all ingredients in a highball glass over an ice spear or Kold Draft ice cubes.
- Stir to integrate.
- Garnish with a rosemary sprig and an olive.