A playful reference to comic book character Bananaman, this banana-accented Manhattan variation gets its “mystery flavor” from a dash or two of absinthe.
- 1 1/2 ounces aged rum, preferably Hamilton 86 Demerara rum
- 1 1/2 ounces Punt e Mes
- 1/2 ounce banana liqueur, preferably Giffard Banane du Brésil
- 1 to 2 dashes absinthe
Garnish: lemon peel
- Combine all ingredients except lemon peel in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Express the lemon peel and discard.