Inspired by the prime winter scenario of “cuddling near a fire,” Carlie Steiner of D.C.’s Himitsu stirs Dewar’s with heavily-peated Scotch, oloroso sherry and a few dashes of bitters. It’s an ideal after-hours cocktail: “This drink is meant to help you wind down,” she says.
Carlie Steiner, Himitsu | Washington, D.C.
- 1 1/2 ounces Scotch, preferably Dewar's
- 1/2 ounce heavily-peated Scotch
- 1/2 ounce honey syrup (3:1, honey:water)
- 1/2 ounce oloroso sherry
- 6 dashes Peychaud's bitters
Garnish: lemon twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.