Bay leaf and Douglas fir provide an earthy note, especially when spritzed on a napkin holding a drink with a particular baking spice-forward profile, like The Man About Town.
- 10 ounces (1 1/4 cups) vodka
- 15 bay leaves
- 10 drops Douglas fir essential oils, preferably Aftelier Perfumes
- Steep the bay leaves in the vodka for two weeks, agitating occasionally.
- Strain and discard the bay leaves.
- Pour one ounce of the infused vodka into a small spray bottle.
- Add 10 drops of Douglas fir essential oils.
- To use, spritz on a napkin for extra aromatics, then set the drink on the napkin.