Casey finds Elijah Craig such a pleasant-drinking neat pour that his Old-Fashioned remains bourbon-heavy, at a ratio of nearly 10-to-1. He complements his favorite notes in the bourbon with three matching liqueurs: one honey-based, one banana, and the final, cocoa bean. But they’re used in such small proportions that the drink never gets too sweet—this is a true bourbon lover’s cocktail.
- 2½ ounces Elijah Craig Small Batch
- ¼ ounce Giffard Banane du Brésil
- 1 barspoon Tempus Fugit Crème de Cacao
- 1 barspoon Bärenjäger
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
Garnish: orange twist
- Combine ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir.
- Strain into a double Old-Fashioned glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist.