This subtle Martini variation from Phil Ward features a mix of Plymouth gin, Carpano bianco vermouth and Dolin dry vermouth. The ghostly herbal aftertaste comes from letting the liquor sit upon a bed of shiso leaves for a minute before it’s stirred over ice and strained into a shiso-rubbed glass.
- 2 ounces gin, preferably Plymouth
- 1 ounce bianco vermouth, preferably Carpano
- 1 ounce dry vermouth, preferably Dolin
- 2 shiso leaves
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass without ice for about a minute.
- Add ice and stir until chilled.
- Rub the rim of a coupe or cocktail glass with a shiso leaf and discard.
- Strain into the coupe or cocktail glass.