Though seemingly French on paper, the Bentley is a thoroughly English cocktail. Named after the British luxury auto maker, its smart, simple makeup is remarkably modest. Served by Harry Craddock at the Savoy Hotel, the drink is closely associated with the “Bentley Boys,” a larger-than-life race team that won international fame for a series of dramatic Le Mans victories throughout the 1920s.
Phoebe Esmon | Ashville, NC
- 1 1/2 ounces calvados, preferably Roger Groult 3 Year Old
- 1 1/2 ounces Dubonnet Rouge
- 3 dashes orange bitters, preferably AZ Bitters Lab Orange Sunshine Bitters
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled Nick & Nora glass.