Reprinted with permission from The PDT Cocktail Book © 2011 by Jim Meehan, Sterling Epicure an imprint of Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.
Yield: 750 ml
- 1 1/2 ounces bacon fat (preferably Benton's, or a thick cut bacon)
- 750 ml bourbon (PDT uses Four Roses)
- On low heat, warm bacon fat in a small saucepan.
- Stir until it melts, about five minutes.
- Combine the molten fat and bourbon in a large nonreactive container and stir.
- Infuse for four hours, then place the container in the freezer for two hours.
- Remove solid fat, fine-strain bourbon through a terry cloth or cheesecloth and bottle.