At Southeast Asian restaurant Hai Hai in Minneapolis, this tequila-based cocktail is both sweet and savory, thanks to a grapefruit-guava cordial and an umami-packed MSG solution.
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 3/4 ounces grapefruit-guava cordial, such as Sir Henry's
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/4 ounce Tattersall Grapefruit Crema
- 1/4 ounce Campari
- 2 dashes MSG solution (see Editor’s Note)
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a Collins glass over ice.
1 tablespoon sugar
2 ounces water
Add 1 tablespoon MSG to 2 ounces water and shake to combine.