A shandy in a punch bowl, the Best of Both Worlds, Pt. 2 is Teardrop Lounge‘s rum-infused ode to summer. Without the addition of Miller High Life, the drink would be a semi-tropical marriage of golden rum with lime and sweet-tart raspberry gomme (a raspberry syrup), but the beer topper turns the drink into a marriage of high-low, which is just Portland, Oregon’s drinking style.
- 4 1/2 ounces rum (preferably Appleton V/X)
- 3 ounces sweet vermouth (preferably Carpano Antica)
- 2 12-ounce bottles Miller High Life
- 1 1/2 ounces lime juice
- 1 1/2 ounces raspberry gomme
- 1 1/2 ounces demerara syrup (2:1, demerara sugar:water)
- 6 dashes Angostura bitters
Garnish: mint bouquet, crazy straws, fire (optional)
- Add all ingredients, except High Life, to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake with a few ice cubes.
- Strain over crushed ice into a punch bowl.
- Pour High Life bottles over top (be sure to wedge bottles in the ice, inverted when serving).
- Garnish with a mint bouquet.