Stephen Cole’s Bitter Giuseppe, created at Chicago’s Violet Hour, is one of several rule-breaking modern cocktails that gets stirred rather than shaken despite the inclusion of fresh lemon juice.
Stephen Cole | Chicago
- 2 ounces Cynar
- 1 ounce sweet vermouth, preferably Carpano Antica Formula
- 1/4 ounce lemon juice
- 6 dashes Regans' orange bitters
Garnish: lemon twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass filled with ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.