Freeze-dried strawberries lend sweetness and color to this salt, but much of its flavor comes from small, wrinkly Persian black limes, which are soaked in brine and dried in the sun for a uniquely floral, funky and sour punch.
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon crushed freeze-dried strawberries
- 1 black lime
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Separately grind the freeze-dried strawberries and black lime in a spice grinder, wiping the machine clean after each use.
- Stir together with the salt and sugar in a small bowl.