Inspired by Southern sweet tea, this highball features a concentrated black tea with notes of rose petals “for a floral counterpoint.” The tea is deliberately brewed strong, so the flavor still stands out when diluted with soda water.
- 1 ounce Jim Beam Black bourbon
- 1 ounce rose black tea (see Editor’s Note)
- 1/4 ounce Bigallet China-China Amer
- 1/4 ounce Gran Classico
- soda water, to top
Garnish: lemon peel
- Combine all ingredients in a Collins glass with ice, and gently stir.
- Twist the lemon peel over top of the drink to express essential oils, then garnish drink with lemon peel.
Rose Black Tea
Brew 1 tablespoon of Art of Tea’s Rose Black Tea with 1 cup boiling water. Steep for five minutes. Refrigerate before using in a cocktail. (This is a deliberately concentrated brew, as the tea will be further diluted with soda water in the cocktail.)