For a summery pineapple rum-based drink at Brooklyn’s Clover Club, Jelani Johnson offsets the rich, fruity rum with frothy egg white and citrus in multiple forms.
Jelani Johnson, Clover Club | Brooklyn, NY
- 1 1/2 ounces Stiggins' Fancy Plantation Pineapple Rum
- 1/2 ounce grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce limoncello, preferably Luxardo
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/4 ounce ginger syrup (2:1 sugar:ginger juice)
- 1/4 ounce egg white
Garnish: Peychaud's bitters
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and dry shake without ice.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe.
- Garnish with a few drops of Peychaud's bitters.