This Blood and Sand riff is named for the Sanguinello, a Sicilian blood orange. Unlike the original cocktail, this version doesn’t include orange juice, but it does showcase Solerno, a blood orange liqueur.
Blood and Sanguinello
Charlotte Voisey, Director of Brand Advocacy | William Grant & Sons USA
- 1 ounce Scotch, preferably Glenfiddich 15 Year Old
- 3/4 ounce Solerno liqueur
- 3/4 ounce Lillet Rouge
- 1/2 ounce pink grapefruit juice
- 1/4 ounce lemon juice
- 4 dashes orange bitters
- 1/2 egg white
- 4 maraschino cherries, preferably Luxardo
Garnish: orange peel
- Muddle cherries in a cocktail shaker.
- Add remaining ingredients to the cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake very well.
- Double strain into a coupe glass
- Twist the orange peel over the top to express essential oils, then use the peel to garnish.