Top honors in our blind tasting of freezer Martinis went to Bobby Heugel, the Houston-based cocktail bar owner and a known Martini obsessive. The panel recognized this drink’s classic London-dry profile and embraced it right off. (Heugel has been selling this rendition as a 750 ml “Bobby’s Martini” at his bars Anvil Bar & Refuge and Tongue-Cut Sparrow.)
Yield: 1 liter
- 12 1/2 ounces gin, preferably Tanqueray
- 4 1/2 ounces gin, preferably Tanqueray 10 Gin
- 7 1/2 ounces dry vermouth, preferably Noilly Prat Extra Dry
- 9 1/2 ounces filtered water
- Combine all ingredients in a 1 liter bottle.
- Store the bottle in the freezer for several hours, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, pour into a chilled cocktail glass.