An unexpectedly tropical take on the Sazerac, Denver’s Alex Jump uses the rich warming spices in Knob Creek® Rye to play off the banana, pineapple, hazelnut and coconut notes found in the two rums and hazelnut eau de vie. It’s a drink that bounces between a brisk fall day in New Orleans and summer in the tropics, while always highlighting the versatility and complexity of the rye.
- 1 ½ parts Knob Creek® Rye
- ¼ part Hamilton Pot Still Gold Jamaican rum
- ¼ part Reisetbauer hazelnut eau de vie
- 1 teaspoon Kalani coconut rum
- 1 teaspoon rich cane syrup (2:1)
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 dash absinthe
Garnish: lemon twist, discarded
- Combine ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir.
- Strain into a chilled Old-Fashioned glass.
- Express a lemon twist and discard.