Slanted Door bartender Jennifer Colliau invented this drink in 2012 for a cocktail competition. It’s a mix between a fizz and a Brandy Milk Punch—essentially a New York egg cream with alcohol.
Reprinted with permission from The Slanted Door by Charles Phan © 2014. Published by Ten Speed Press. Photography © 2014 by Ed Anderson.
1 1/2 ounce brandy
1/2 ounce Bénédictine
1/2 ounce orgeat, Small Hand Foods
1/2 ounce heavy cream
- Add brandy, Bénédictine, orgeat and cream to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Double-strain into an 8-ounce fizz glass.
- Slowly add soda water while paddling back and forth with a bar spoon in the glass until the liquid reaches the top of the glass.
- Allow the drink to rest for 15 seconds and then slowly add 1 more ounce of soda water to lift the foam above the glass.