“Breakfast at Brennan’s” started as an answer to Dinner at Antoine’s, the 1947 Frances Parkinson Keyes murder mystery that bookends its drama with dinner parties at Antoine’s restaurant in New Orleans. Opened by legendary NoLa restaurateur, Ella Brennan, Brennan’s invented brunch. Yes, it’s true. And along with its conception came a host of eye-opener cocktails including classics like Brandy Milk Punch, a mouth-coating mix of French brandy, sugared-up cream and fresh nutmeg.
Brennan’s Brandy Milk Punch
Brennan's | New Orleans, LA
- 2 ounces brandy (preferably Napoleon)
- 4 ounces half & half
- 1 ounce simple syrup (1:1, sugar:water)
- 1/4 ounce vanilla extract
Garnish: freshly grated nutmeg
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.