“I wanted to make an Espresso Martini-style cocktail but I always like to make something a little different,” explains Charity Johnston, Beverage Director of Toca Madera West Hollywood. “I wanted this cocktail to taste as if you’d just had a cold brew coffee from your favorite shop,” and opted for the Mr. Black Cold Brew Coffee Liqueur. “It really is like drinking cold brew, and I love that it’s caffeinated.”
But First, Coffee
Charity Johnston, Toca Madera | Los Angeles
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila, preferably Tromba Reposado
- 1 ounce espresso, chilled
- 3/4 ounce Mr. Black Cold Brew Coffee Liqueur
- 1/2 ounce Coco-Cola Reduction (see Editor's note)
Garnish: mint sprig
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin, and ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a Collins glass over ice.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and serve with a straw.
3 12-ounce bottles Mexican Coke
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
5 heavy dashes tajín
Combine ingredients in a saucepan. Simmer on low heat, about 20 minutes, until bubbling, then remove from heat. The mixture will thicken as it cools.