Ivy Mix’s advice when deploying mole bitters in stirred drinks is simple: “Use with caution.” Here, Mix uses a small amount of mole bitters in combination with habanero shrub to draw out the subtle undertones of the often-overpowering flavors of Irish whiskey and mezcal.
- 1 ounce Irish whiskey, preferably Jameson
- 3/4 ounce mezcal, preferably Del Maguey Vida
- 3/4 ounce Lillet rosé
- 3/4 ounce bianco vermouth, preferably Martini & Rossi
- 1 teaspoon elderflower liqueur, preferably St-Germain
- 5 dashes Old Man bitters(1:1, Bittermens Hellfire Habanero Shrub to Bittermens Xocolatl Mole Bitters)
Garnish: orange twist
- Stir all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice.
- Strain into a Nick and Nora glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist.