In our recent blind Bamboo tasting Chicago bartender Caitlin Laman took third place with her bitters-less mix of 1 ounce El Maestro Sierra Fino, ½ ounce Valdespino Amontillado Tío Diego, 1 ounce Dolin dry vermouth and, unusually, ½ ounce Dolin sweet vermouth.
- 1 ounce fino sherry, preferably Maestro Sierra
- 1 ounce dry vermouth, preferably Dolin
- 1/2 ounce amontillado sherry, preferably Valdespino Tio Diego
- 1/2 ounce sweet vermouth, preferably Dolin
Garnish: pitted green Spanish olive
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with pitted green Spanish olive.