At New Orleans’ Compère Lapin, head bartender Abigail Gullo whips up this creamy cocktail on Thanksgiving—which also happens to be opening day at the race tracks. “This Caribbean island eggnog with coconut milk and Old New Orleans Cajun Spice rum honors our kitchen and my history of living in a Dominican neighborhood in NYC. Shout out to the Washington Heights Abuelas!”
- 4 ounces coquito mix (see Editor's Note)
- 1/2 ounce coconut rum
- 3/4 ounce spiced rum, preferably Old New Orleans Spiced Rum
- 3/4 ounce white rum, preferably Bacardi
- 1/2 ounce Licor 43
- 1/2 ounce allspice liqueur, preferably Hamilton Pimento Dram
- 1 ounce cane syrup
- Combine ingredients in blender.
- Add ice and blend until smooth.
1 can each of evaporated Milk
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 can coconut milk
1 can Coco Lopez
1 pint half and half