In his stirred Cameo, Pietro Collina demonstrates the pan-seasonal appeal of cachaça, complementing the flavor of Laird’s apple brandy with the cinnamon and clove notes of Avuá Amburana, for a drink that expands the repertoire of the Brazilian spirit beyond the classic Caipirinha.
- 1 1/2 ounces apple brandy, preferably Lairds 7 1/2 Year
- 1/4 ounce aged cachaça, preferably Avuá Amburana
- 1/4 ounce yellow Chartreuse
- 1/2 ounce pear brandy, preferably Clear Creek
- 1/2 ounce sweet vermouth, preferably Cocchi Vermouth di Torino
- 3/4 ounce Cocchi Americano
Garnish: apple slice
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a small rocks glass.
- Garnish with an apple slice.