Shelley Lindgren of A16 created the Camomila as an homage to the classic Bee’s Knees cocktail. The timeless combination of gin, honey and lemon is upgraded with the floral touch of chamomile grappa liqueur and dandelion and burdock bitters. Lemon juice is split between ordinary lemons and the brighter, slightly sweeter flavor of Meyer lemons—a California staple.
- 1 ounce gin, London dry
- 1 ounce chamomile grappa liqueur (preferably Marolo)
- 1/4 ounce honey syrup (2:1, honey: water)
- 1/2 ounce Meyer lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce lemon juice
- 3 dashes dandelion & burdock bitters
Garnish: chamomile blossoms
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with chamomile blossoms.