The “mistaken” version of the classic Negroni swaps the gin for Prosecco, resulting in a lighter, brighter and more sessionable take that bridges the best elements of the spritz with the bold flavor of the iconic Negroni. Try the cocktail with various expressions of Prosecco, ranging from dry to juicy, for different results.
- 1 ounce Carpano Botanic Bitter
- 1 ounce Carpano Antica Formula vermouth
- Chilled Prosecco, to top
Garnish: orange peel
- Add the Carpano Botanic Bitter and Antica Formula vermouth to fluted glass.
- Top with Prosecco, and gently stir to combine.
- Garnish with an orange peel.