From New York City’s Amor y Amargo, the Casualty showcases Byrrh’s versatility as a seasonless aperitif wine. Stirred with Scotch, Amaro Montenegro and two dashes of chocolate bitters, it serves as a pinch-hitter for sweet vermouth, resulting in a spirituous drink that’s cold weather-ready.
Amor Y Amargo | New York City
- 1 1/2 ounces blended Scotch, preferably Famous Grouse
- 3/4 ounce Amaro Montenegro
- 3/4 ounce Byrrh
- 2 dashes chocolate bitters
Garnish: orange twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass and stir all ingredients with plenty of ice.
- Strain the drink into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Express an orange twist over the drink and drop it in.