“This is a tribute to Dr. Brown’s Cel-Ray Soda and its rare but celebrated appearance in New York delis,” explains Fu. An agave hybrid of mezcal and tequila is complemented by green chile vodka, celery juice and thyme liqueur, while tonic water ties everything together.
- 1 ounce blanco tequila, preferably Cazadores
- 1/2 ounce St. George Green Chile Vodka
- 1/2 ounce mezcal, preferably Del Maguey Vida
- 1/4 ounce Bigallet Thyme Liqueur
- 1/2 ounce cane syrup (1:1, cane sugar:water)
- 1/2 ounce pineapple juice
- 1/2 ounce celery juice
- 2 dashes Bittermens Orchard Street Celery Shrub
- 1 ounce tonic water
Garnish: pineapple wedge, thyme
- Combine all ingredients, except the tonic water, in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Fine strain into a Collins glass over ice.
- Top with tonic water.
- Garnish with a flagged pineapple triangle and a thyme sprig.