A traditional Japanese ume liqueur was the jumping off point for this Collins-style cocktail, made in collaboration between bartenders Alicia Perry and Ewan Bennie. Complemented by California-made Amaro Angeleno (with its notes of orange, gentian and jasmine), peach liqueur and lime juice, all topped with soda, it’s simple, bright and refreshing.
- 3/4 ounce Choya Single Year plum wine
- 3/4 ounce Amaro Angeleno
- 3/4 ounce peach liqueur, preferably Giffard Crème de Pêche de Vigne
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 2 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
- soda water, to top
Garnish: orange twist
- Combine all ingredients, apart from soda water, in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a Collins glass over fresh ice.
- Top with soda water and garnish with an orange twist.