In a moral alignment chart, chaotic neutral represents people who feel free from both societal restraints and one’s own ethical imperatives. In Lauren Corriveau’s cocktail, a Daiquiri riff named after this moral alignment, Owney’s rum and St. George raspberry brandy meet alongside a mixture of lime and red pepper juices.
- 1 1/2 ounces rum, preferably Owney's
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Contratto bitter
- 1/2 ounce red pepper juice
- 1/2 ounce cane syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon St. George raspberry brandy
Garnish: smoked salt rim, lime wheel
- Rim a double rocks glass with smoked salt and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into the glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.
Red Bell Pepper Juice:
Red bell peppers
Wash and slice red bell peppers, removing seeds. Juice with a masticating juicer and strain through a Super Bag. Place inside a storage vessel, label and date. Store refrigerated (up to 2-3 days).