A riff on the Mezcal Negroni, this variation subs in sherry for sweet vermouth and smoky, woodsy Sfumato in place of Campari.
- 1 ounce mezcal, preferably Del Maguey Vida
- 1 ounce cream sherry, preferably Lustau East India Solera sherry
- 1 ounce Amaro Sfumato Rabarbaro
- 2 dashes mole bitters
Garnish: orange peel
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Twist the orange peel over the drink to express essential oils, then use the peel to garnish the drink.