This over-the-top ice cream cake of a cocktail takes inspiration from the classic flavors found in the three layers of Neapolitan ice cream, with Cynar standing in for chocolate, Frangelico for vanilla and Campari for strawberry. The soda fountain stylings are complete with fresh citrus juices, strawberry syrup and rich cream, finished with a shake of birthday cake sprinkles.
- 1 egg white
- 1 ounce heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh orange juice
- 1/2 ounce strawberry syrup, preferably Torani
- 1/2 ounce Campari
- 3/4 ounce Frangelico
- 1 ounce Cynar
- 1 1/2 ounces soda water
Garnish: birthday cake sprinkles
- Combine egg white, heavy whipping cream, lemon juice, orange juice, strawberry syrup, Campari and Frangelico in a cocktail shaker.
- Dry shake (without ice) to emulsify the ingredients, then add ice and shake vigorously until chilled.
- Add soda water to the bottom of a chilled Collins glass, then fine-strain three-quarters of the shaken ingredients over the soda water.
- Allow to sit for 3 minutes, then pour the Cynar into the Collins glass. (It will sink to the bottom.)
- Top with the remaining blend in the cocktail shaker.
- Garnish with birthday cake sprinkles.