- 1 ounce Cynar 70
- 1/2 ounce Espolòn tequila blend (3:1, blanco:reposado)
- 1/2 ounce elderflower liqueur
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3/4 ounce house ginger syrup (see Editor’s Note)
- soda water (to top)
- Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice, and shake.
- Pour contents into a chilled mule mug.
- Add a splash of soda water.
- If needed, add more ice to make sure the mug is full, then gently stir with a barspoon.
Combine 1 cup ginger juice (fresh ginger that’s been juiced and allowed to sit overnight, then strained) with 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan, and bring to a simmer. Allow to cool, filter again if needed, and store in a sealable container.