At chef Hillary Sterling and Danny Meyer’s new Italian restaurant, Ci Siamo, bar director Matt Chavez (formerly the head bartender at The NoMad) has crafted an incredible list of Italian-leaning spins on classics and clever, like this house Martini. A blend of Bordiga’s Occitan gin, Boatyard gin, Lustau’s sherry-based blanco vermouth, Bordiga dry vermouth and orange bitters, it’s a terrific argument for endless tinkering of the classic.
Ci Siamo Martini
Matt Chavez | New York
- 1 1/2 ounces Bordiga Occitan gin
- 1 ounce Boatyard gin
- 1 ounce Bordiga dry vermouth
- 1/4 ounce Lustau Vermut Blanco
- 2 dashes Regan's orange bitters
Garnish: Cerignola olives, onion, lemon twist
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass.
- Add ice, and stir until chilled.
- Pour the contents into a Martini glass. Add the remaining to a sidecar nestled into crushed ice.
- Serve with two skewered Cerignola olives, a pickled onion and a lemon twist on the side.