In this play on the Gin & Tonic, gin is replaced with savory mezcal and paired with citrusy, full-bodied Boylan Heritage Tonic. A honey-salt rim and flamed orange peel complete the drink’s proto-Margarita flare.
- 1 1/2 ounces mezcal
- 5 ounces Boylan Heritage Tonic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
Garnish: flamed grapefruit peel
- Prepare a rocks glass with a salted rim using the honey.
- Fill prepared glass with crushed ice.
- Add mezcal and tonic to the rocks glass.
- Flame grapefruit peel over top of the cocktail and garnish with flamed peel.